This position will best suit a budding Baker with a passion and interest in making real artisan breads with the finest of fresh ingredients, all by hand.
All breads in The Butler’s Pantry are made by hand using only natural ingredients and to the very highest of standards in taste, consistency and best practice. The role of the Baker is to prepare all bread and bakery products in our kitchen.
We ensure all our bread is delivered fresh, daily to our shops, and therefore our Bakery hours work during the night.
The incumbent will report directly to the Head Baker.
The position is located in our kitchens in Bray. Our Bakery operates at night.
• To learn how to prepare bread and bakery products to the standard of The Butler’s Pantry.
• To plan quantities and preparation in advance to ensure sufficient and timely deliveries to all shops and outlets.
• To control the use of ingredients, minimise waste of ingredients and finished products and to maintain the food cost at the agreed level.
• To ensure shop orders are fulfilled daily, dispatched as per operations list and all orders clearly identified.
• To comply with all HACCP and hygiene requirements to ensure good standards of hygiene and food safety at all times.
• To complete daily and weekly cleaning responsibilities and assist the Kitchen team in maintaining high standards of cleanliness.
• To ensure all ingredients and finished products are correctly rotated and labelled.
• To act as a role model for the values of The Butler’s Pantry and to promote and support our culture of continuous improvement and best practice.
• To work together with the bakery team, and the rest of the kitchen team to maintain a high level of morale.
• Comply with company policy at all times.
• Adhere to company practices and procedures at all times.
• Carry out all reasonable tasks and requests as assigned by manager/supervisor.
• Professional manner at all times, representing the ethos and values of the company.
• Ensure correct uniform is worn at all times.
• Ensure compliance with company and best practice standards
• Comply with the health and safety working practices
• Actively look for hazards when carrying out duties and take appropriate action to remove and/or report to manager.
• Ensure you are continually in keeping with the following, which are in line with the values of The Butler’s Pantry, when dealing with internal and external customers:
1. Mutual Respect
2. Customer first
3. Think solution, not problem
4. Continuous improvement
Changes may be made in this job description from time to time, as your experience and expertise evolves and develops.
Please fill in the attached Application form and send this, along with your CV and cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org