This position will best suit a Baker with a passion and experience in making artisan breads with the finest of fresh ingredients. All breads in The Butler’s Pantry are made by hand using only natural ingredients and to the very highest of standards in taste, consistency and best practice. The role of the Baker is to prepare all bread and bakery products and to participate in the on-going development of new products.
The incumbent will report directly to the Head Baker.
The position is located in our kitchens in Bray. Our Bakery operates at night.
• To prepare bread and bakery products to the standard of The Butler’s Pantry.
• To fulfil the orders on the do-list.
• To participate in an on-going way in the development of new products and enhancement of all current product range.
• To plan quantities and preparation in advance to ensure sufficient and timely deliveries to all shops and outlets.
• To control the use of ingredients, minimise waste of ingredients and finished products and to maintain the food cost at the agreed level.
• To use the recipe centre for every product baked, to ensure correct consistency and correct quantities of each are produced.
• To ensure shop orders are fulfilled daily, dispatched as per the operations list and all orders clearly identified.
• To comply with all HACCP and hygiene requirements to ensure good standards of hygiene and food safety at all times.
• To complete daily and weekly cleaning responsibilities and assist the Kitchen team in maintaining high standards of cleanliness.
• To ensure all ingredients and finished products are correctly rotated and labelled.
• To complete all daily paperwork and participate in the routine reviews of these records and results (e.g. Daily sheets, Orders, waste records, food cost, HACCP records etc.).
• To report any incidents or accidents to your manager, within 24 hours of the occurrence.
• To attend team meetings when scheduled and to have input.
• To act as a role model for the values of The Butler’s Pantry and to promote and support our culture of continuous improvement and best practice.
• To work together with the bakery team, and the rest of the kitchen team to maintain a high level of morale.
• Comply with company policy at all times.
• Adhere to company practices and procedures at all times.
• Carry out all reasonable tasks and requests as assigned by manager/supervisor.
• Professional manner at all times, representing the ethos and values of the company.
• Ensure correct uniform is worn at all times.
• Ensure compliance with company and best practice standards
• Comply with the health and safety working practices
• Actively look for hazards when carrying out duties and take appropriate action to remove and/or report to manager.
• Ensure you are continually in keeping with the following, which are in line with the values of The Butler’s Pantry, when dealing with internal and external customers:
1. Mutual Respect
2. Customer first
3. Think solution, not problem
4. Continuous improvement
Changes may be made to this job description from time to time, as your experience and expertise evolves and develops.
Please fill in the attached Application form and send this, along with your CV and cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org