The Food Operations Assistant will work in our artisan kitchen and operations area assisting with preparation, portioning and packing of food as well as routine cleaning and housekeeping. The position will also involve record keeping and basic food safety responsibilities.
The incumbent will report directly to Operations Manager.
The position is located in our kitchens in Bray.
• Constantly involved in ‘clean as you go’, hand washing and sanitising procedures
• Involved in routine daily, and weekly cleaning duties
• Packing the product as much as possible on a first in first out basis and monitoring the chill chain
• Following up with fellow team members on recording of temperatures
• Completing and recording daily average weight checks and making adjustments required, if any.
• Ensuring Daily equipment temperature checks are completed and recorded.
• Conducting daily yield checks, recording same and making any adjustments, if required.
• Printing of labels and verifying dates and codes, label layout and accuracy
• Ensure careful application of labels
On Job Training
• On the job training of new recruits in Quality Standards of packing and labelling of product.
• Completing of training checklists as required.
• Taking orders and recording in the order book
• Completing orders and updating the daily packing sheet
• Dealing with telephone enquiries from our own shops and from Customers
• To act as a role model for the values of The Butler’s Pantry and to promote and support our culture of continuous improvement and best practice
• Ensuring consistent product quality, presentation, labelling and packing for dispatch
• Comply with company policy at all times.
• Adhere to company practices and procedures at all times.
• Carry out all reasonable tasks and requests as assigned by manager/supervisor.
• Professional manner at all times, representing the ethos and values of the company.
• Ensure correct uniform is worn at all times.
• Ensure compliance with company and best practice standards
• Comply with the health and safety working practices
• Actively look for hazards when carrying out duties and take appropriate action to remove and/or report to manager.
• Ensure you are continually in keeping with the following, which are in line with the values of The Butler’s Pantry, when dealing with internal and external customers:
1. Mutual Respect
2. Customer first
3. Think solution, not problem
4. Continuous improvement
Changes may be made in this job description from time to time, as your experience and expertise evolves and develops.
Please fill in the attached Application form and send this, along with your CV and cover letter, to email@example.com