This position will best suit a Pastry chef with attention to detail and a love for artisan methods, using the finest of natural ingredients. This role will involve the baking of a full range of hand-made cakes, pastries, cookies and tarts.
The incumbent will report directly to the Head Pastry Chef.
The position is located in our kitchens in Bray.
• To prepare pastry, dessert and biscuit products to the standard of The Butler’s Pantry.
• To participate in an ongoing way in the development of new products and baking techniques and to play an active role in the product development and food forum.
• To plan and prepare quantities and preparation in advance to ensure sufficient and timely deliveries to all shops and outlets.
• To maintain flexibility in day to day activities to ensure customers ‘special’ orders can be accommodated.
• To control the use of ingredients, minimise waste of ingredients and finished products and to maintain the food cost at the agreed level.
• To use the recipe centre for every dish prepared, to ensure correct product quality and consistency and qualities of each dish are produced.
• To comply with all HACCP and hygiene requirements to ensure high standards of hygiene and food safety at all times.
• To work with the kitchen team in ensuring good standards of cleanliness, housekeeping and maintenance are maintained.
• To complete all daily paperwork and participate in the routine reviews of these records and results (e.g. Daily Sheets, Orders, waste records, food cost, HACCP records etc.)
• To attend kitchen meetings with input and ideas.
• To work together with the Pastry team, and the rest of the kitchen team to maintain a high level of morale.
• To act as a role model for the values of The Butler’s Pantry and to promote and support our culture of continuous improvement and best practice.
• Comply with company policy at all times.
• Adhere to company practices and procedures at all times.
• Carry out all reasonable tasks and requests as assigned by manager/supervisor.
• Professional manner at all times, representing the ethos and values of the company.
• Ensure correct uniform is worn at all times.
• Ensure compliance with company and best practice standards
• Comply with the health and safety working practices
• Actively look for hazards when carrying out duties and take appropriate action to remove and/or report to manager.
• Ensure you are continually in keeping with the following, which are in line with the values of The Butler’s Pantry, when dealing with internal and external customers:
1. Mutual Respect
2. Customer first
3. Think solution, not problem
4. Continuous improvement
Changes may be made in this job description from time to time, as your experience and expertise evolves and develops.
Please fill in the attached Application form and send this, along with your CV and cover letter, to email@example.com