A simple yet stunning way to make use of your left over Wholemeal brown bread.
- Make coarse breadcrumbs out of the leftover brown bread. Lightly toast the breadcrumbs in the oven to remove all moisture from the bread (optional) and set aside.
- Make a simple praline by dissolving the caster sugar in water. Once dissolved, leave in the pan on a gentle heat until the liquid turns golden brown.
- Stir in the almonds and breadcrumbs. Turn the mixture out onto a baking tray, spreading it out into a thin layer and leave to cool
- Once cool, break the mixture up into small bite size pieces using the back of a wooden spoon or rolling pin.
- Simply add this to good quality Vanilla ice-cream or to your own homemade ice-cream