A delicious chocolate sauce and so easy to make. It can last two weeks in the fridge, works for dark and milk chocolate and sure to be a hit. Perfect as a topping for ice-cream, meringues and summer fruits. Also works as a topping on any cake as a dessert. If you prefer a dark chocolate sauce follow the same steps using the recipe below but substitute 400gms good dark 70% chocolate and add 100 grm sugar (added to milk, cream and butter and bring to boil). Enjoy my recipe and email me, Tatiana, if you need any help at email@example.com
- Roughly chop up butter and place in a medium size saucepan.
- Add milk and cream and put on heat, stirring occasionally and bring to the boil.
- Break up chocolate and place in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Once milk, cream and butter have come to the boil take off the heat immediately and add to the chocolate.
- Stir gently until mixture is smooth.
- Allow to cool to room temperature and serve.
- Any left-overs keep in an airtight container in fridge.
- To use from fridge simply heat in the microwave for 10 – 20 seconds or even better in a pot over a very gentle heat.